Monday 2 May 2011

More designs and trials - development

This is a a mini version of my first design. Very colourful and simple, focusing on bendy text and small shapes. Now i think i need to take the designs futher creating bolder, more exsiting designs.

 

This trial was experimenting with the use of colour and typography. I also have design a wayfinder here which would more be for decoration around the school representing all the different dreams and ambitions people have. I like the drippy effect the water create but I think it's a bit too gloomy for the school.


This was another trial I did, using felt just felt tips. This is a wayfinder i'd have around the school. I used the same sentence for both ideas this time to focus on the text. This is also when i first started to think about giving my dream person a face. I'm still trying to keep my idea quite loose and flowing.

This trial was looking at shading, layout and colour. I experimented with shape to create different looking dream people.
I like how the colours look next too each other, especially the bright, flurescent ones.


Here i was looking at a more male approach to them giving the little guys an outfit resembling a football kit, slightly stereotypical for boys so i will probably change this. I like how the yellow and the blue work together creating a burning, electric cloud. This cloud would represent a enthusiastic student.

The text for this design is a lot bolder. Still keeping with the curvey, joined up text but making it more loose by having some ink running from the shapes. I like the style of the dream cloud and the heart. It has a beautiful, delicate tone about it. I think the text could be a bit neater.


Here i used lighter brush strokes for the writting but added more water to the text which has created a new mood completly. It looks a lot more sophisticated now, the text looks a lot more serious. Where as before it looked really cheerful. I like this effect but think i could tone it down slightly for my final design. Also the little use of blue adds to the moodiness, as grey is a very dull colour.

Here i brought the watery look further with my dream people. It made my green dreamer look quite depressed, however i like how you can see the detail of the brushstrokes within the watery shadows.

The blue dreamer looks quite happy and the yellow one has no expression as the blot has taken over his face.


The drippy trail suits them and could be there way of guiding people around the school. For the final outcome I want a mix of colour tones rather than just one as i think it will look more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment